However, this doesn’t mean that the therapies offered won’t be effective. Other studies show that public funding of drug and alcohol addiction treatment helps lower crime rates and is more cost-effective than no treatment or minimal intervention. In this way, treatment from public rehab centers is just as valuable and can have the same positive outcomes as private treatment centers. That said, state-funded rehab relies on traditional, evidence-based treatment and may not be able to offer the latest in complementary therapeutic offerings or other treatment trends. Before determining outpatient treatment for alcoholism near me, the higher level of treating an AUD is alcohol inpatient treatment.
- Being qualified and state licensed means you have more chances of getting good treatment with these programs.
- The institution is conveniently located near two major highways and provides comfortable, clean living quarters to clients undergoing residential treatment.
- We’re here to help you make the transition into recovery — using evidence-based care and a compassionate, whole-person approach.
- There are various payment options available to those looking to fund their outpatient rehab attendance.
- After successful withdrawal management, or if you completed your medical detox from alcohol in another facility, you will transition into the remaining portion of your inpatient rehab care.
Psychological support and counseling are also integral to helping individuals cope with the emotional and psychological challenges of withdrawal. Medications for alcohol treatment are administered exclusively by licensed medical professionals, while licensed mental health practitioners offer various therapeutic approaches to address alcoholism. Roughly 17 million adults ages 18 and older have an alcohol use disorder (AUD) in the US, and 1 in 10 children live in a home with a parent with a drinking problem. Alcoholism occurs when you drink so much that your body eventually becomes dependent on or addicted to alcohol. With this alcohol dependence, you will continue to drink even when drinking causes negative consequences, like losing a job or destroying relationships with people you love. Therefore, we suggest that if your condition is severe, you may need to seek alcoholism treatment at an inpatient facility.
Opioid Treatment Program Directory
A treatment center should consider all of your unique needs to provide the best support possible.6 American Addiction Centers offers evidence-based alcohol rehab in locations across the country, so you’re never far from the help you need. The duration of alcohol rehab can vary by setting and your individual needs.5 Common treatment lengths for inpatient rehab are 28 to 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days. Inpatient alcohol and drug rehab facilities with flexible or extendable program lengths are preferable for some because they allow you to work at your own pace toward addiction recovery. You may finish a 30-day inpatient rehab program and realize that you need more time in the clinic to work on relapse prevention or sober living skills, for example.
When this happens, alcohol becomes the most crucial thing in your life. Alcoholism treatment for alcohol use disorder varies, but each method is meant to help you stop excessive drinking altogether. Inpatient or residential AUD treatment entails patients living and residing in the rehabilitation center 24/7. Inpatient alcohol rehab may vary in duration, sometimes consisting of short stays of 3–6 weeks, which may or may not be followed by attendance at an outpatient rehab.
Types of Behavioral Treatments
Depending on the state, there may be other requirements before the individual can be accepted into the free drug rehab treatment programs. Once this information is established, if the state deems that the client cannot pay, they may provide treatment on various levels through specific types of clinics or treatment centers. The most structured treatment facility for people overcoming alcoholism is an inpatient rehab alcoholism treatment program center. These rehab centers often treat the most severe cases of alcoholism and mandate that patients stay on-site for the entire program, which can last 30, 60, or 90 days. Treatment for alcohol use disorder includes counseling, such as behavioral therapy, and prescriptions that lessen the desire to drink are used in rehabilitation. For certain people, medical detoxification is necessary to quit drinking safely.
Their combined expertise ensures a holistic approach to treatment tailored to the individual’s needs for a successful recovery journey. The goal of alcohol detox is to manage the physical effects of withdrawal safely and lay the foundation for further addiction treatment and recovery efforts. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), excessive drinking of alcohol claims more than 1,700 lives each year in NJ. There is a pressing need for the state government needs to reduce the scourge of alcoholism by regulating the density of alcohol outlets and increasing state taxes on beer and wine.
What Types of Treatments Are Available at Free Addiction Rehab Centers?
Plans can vary in terms of what type of coverage they provide or how long they will cover treatment, so it’s best to check with your healthcare provider or the rehab program you’re interested in attending. This can sometimes deter people from getting help because they don’t want to wait, and they may then simply decide not to pursue treatment anymore. As noted by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, addiction treatment is more likely to be pursued if it is readily available when an individual is ready to seek it.
- Contact the chosen facilities to inquire about the services, insurance coverage, and availability, ensuring you make an informed decision that aligns with your needs and goals.
- Check out the websites of these programs and see what their programs include.
- These programs include medical supervision for alcohol detox, therapeutic discussions, peer camaraderie, and a comprehensive wellness regimen, ensuring a holistic and evidence-based approach to recovery.
Individuals or their families and friends who want to seek out state-funded options may not know how to get started. With the right knowledge and resources, and a little preparation, the answers to the following frequently asked questions can open up the path to finding the right treatment options. Symptoms are based on the behaviors and physical outcomes of alcohol addiction. In 2019, about 7.9% of adults with AUD received treatment for alcohol use disorder in the past year.
Medications for Alcoholism
Our commitment to personalized care empowers you to achieve meaningful and sustainable changes on your path to wellness. Numerous avenues exist for alcohol treatment, helping individuals reduce or eliminate alcohol consumption and enhance their well-being. The options’ diversity reflects the treatment’s individualized nature, catering to varying needs and preferences.
- Take our free, 5-minute alcohol use self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with alcohol misuse.
- The We Level Up treatment center network delivers various recovery programs at each treatment facility.
- Faith-based rehab programs approach addiction treatment through the lens of various religious or spiritual beliefs.
- It is important to remember that not all people will respond to medications, but for a subset of individuals, they can be an important tool in overcoming alcohol dependence.
- Alcoholic ketoacidosis is a severe medical condition that requires immediate medical attention and should not be treated at home.
- While alcohol addiction is tough to overcome, medication-assisted treatment for alcohol abuse or MAT (medication-assisted treatment) can help kickstart one’s recovery process.
- Just look for a list for drug rehab in New Jersey or alcohol rehab in New Jersey and you will get several options within the state.